July 05, 2013

Fusion 2013!

Another Fusion Festival down! Other then going home to Aus, it is my favourite time of the year. However this years shitty weather contributed to a somewhat somber Fusion experience. It was my first Fusion with NO sun. Only a few hours of sun over 4 days! Boo hoo. BUT the music obviously saved the day!



FUSION Festival acts to check out include:

1. HVOB: Her Voice Over Boys
I love, love, love these guys. The dynamics within their songs. AMAZING! The fusion of eletronic minimal with sweet vocals. Definitely my favourite for the festival!






2. Phia
For those of you who perhaps are not fans of electronic music, Phia is your gal. A very clever gal at that! She plays with the kalimba. A loop pedal which makes it sound as though she has a full band behind her. I am a FAN! I will be checking her out in a Berlin gig soon! For sure! She is often touring so make sure that you check her out when she comes to your neck of the woods!


3. NU
Wicked dj. He often plays in Berlin. Keep your eyes peeled for one of his gigs.



4. Brandt Brauer Frick
Who could forget the genius of  Brandt Brauer Frick? What can I say? Just watch their amazingness (yes, I just made up a word) in the video below. LOVE!



Fingers crossed we can get tickets for next years FUSION, Fusion number 5 here we come.... hopefully. Next festival, Nation at the end of July!

1 comment: