January 31, 2013

In love with my knitted snood:)

Winter seems to have mellowed out since the Christmas markets invaded Berlin during the Christmas cheer period, so my newly knitted snood has not been required of late. 

I knitted this snood just in time for the winter and I thoroughly recommend everyone knitting one! It was just so handy, plus I love the word 'snood'. When ever I think of the word snood it makes me smile as it reminds me of Dr. Seuss. It is such a Seussy sounding word:)

Regarding these images, Michael and I spent the night drinking Glüwein (mulled wine), eating currywurst and taking photos with our usual little medium format camera in black & white. Though I am glad that the Christmas markets last for only a few weeks. You get over them pretty fast!    

SNOOD TUTORIAL COMING SOON..............
I love my snood so much that I want to spread the snoody love by posting a TUTORIAL for this particular snood. I will post it in the coming days so keep an eye out.  

 





Photos by Michael Dooney & mahaila

8 comments:

  1. Love these photos- shooting a fair atmosphere in black & white is brilliant! Also a big fan of snoods (this snood in particular) AND the word, too (even though it makes no sense).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I like these photos too and it was nice to work with B&W for a change.

      Delete
  2. Snoodtastic! I also think of Suess when I hear the word snood. It is just nonsensical...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning photos! And love your snood, it's perfect :)

    Take care,
    Daniella xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. definitely perfect for a cold winters day. Thanks for the photo compliment!

      Delete
  4. These are lovely! So is being warm in knitted gear :)

    ReplyDelete