September 16, 2012

Armhole Princess Seam dress


 A while back I drafted a few different princess seam dresses. This red dress is the 'armhole' princess seam. If you are interested in finding out a little more about the princess seam here is an article that I found. I have been quite obsessed with the old circle skirt lately, so this time I decided to attach a gathered skirt for the skirt section. I think that I can do a little better with the fit, but for now it is ok:) The navy bag in the last image is a Fickle Sense made bag, which you can find here.

Have you made any princess seam inspired outfits lately?
 

Princess armhole bodice + gathered skirt section

Drawing from stitches and seams


3 comments:

  1. great pics <3

    like your dress super cute ^^

    come check out my blog

    http://fashionmadimoizelle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice, I like that colour on you. Might need a bit of shortening at the waist (I have to do that for all my patterns-apparently it's a back thing??) but it's come together beautifully-love the ruching across the skirt waist..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I admire people who can make their own clothes. The fit looks good to me, especially compared with some of my efforts!

    ReplyDelete