December 21, 2011

An outfit fit for Autumn


 


mahaila made skirt and top           Photos: Michael Dooney

In an effort to improve my German language abilities I have recently spent some time trying to decifer the patterns in the Burdastyle sewing magazines. I have great difficulty with these patterns as the sizing is often off, so I am constantly making significant alterations. I thought that it was a result of my poor German comprehension, however after chatting with some native German speaking sewing mates, they informed me that they also have problems with Burda. Perhaps thats what you get when you pay 5 euros for a heap of patterns. Does anyone else have problems with the sizing??? On the plus side I am improving my alteration skills.  

The skirt. 
This is one of my easy 'built around the waist' skirts. And I know that I have been promising it for a while, BUT hopefully the tutorial for these types of skirts will be up soon. I am sooooo busy at the moment WAY too many projects and soooo little time. 


The top 
I am trying to make one pattern out of every Burdastyle magazine, so this was my September 2011 issue effort. Perhaps not the best fit, but I do love my vintage red buttons:) 

We took these photos when it was still warm enough to take them. I love Berlin Autumns. The colours are so very inspiring!






Reminder: 
The new CUT magazine is out! so check it out. 


13 comments:

  1. Love the stripes and the floral!!

    http://www.mythriftychic.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love mixing prints.

    You have done a beautiful job of it here!

    http://socialemissions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute outfit ! Love the skirt :)

    www.coffeecreamandthecaffeine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice outfit. The prints were lovely!:)

    Much love from the SABO SKIRT girls!
    SHOP: http://www.saboskirt.com
    BLOG: http://www.saboskirt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable skirt!

    Much love from the SABO SKIRT girls!
    SHOP: www.saboskirt.com
    BLOG: www.saboskirt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This outfit is so beautiful, love the blouse :)

    www.clothesmaiden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the silhouette you created! Very girly.

    Caitlin
    www.my-grandmothers-gucci.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have that pattern traced out and really want to make it, especially after seeing several other's versions. Yours is really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice combo of stripes and florals :) I love mixing prints as well!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love it!!!

    http://glamourgirl-bg.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love the floral skirt!
    looks really great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the colour palette of this outfit! :)


    xxx
    INSIDE IN INSIDE OUT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this outfit and the mix of prints!

    Merry Christmas xo Ashleigh

    www.thedaileigh.com

    ReplyDelete