November 25, 2011

Creative Friday: Interview with Ozlem

On a trip through Prague, Czech Republic we met up with the very talented Ozlem. Ozlem's passion for puppertry and stop animation led her to this part of the world as it is one of the few places which still teaches and appreciates this craft.  She even learnt Czech! Her background in pupperty has certainly influenced her jewellery creations. My favourite piece is certainly the cat brooches!

Ozlem
 Where are you from?
I'm from Turkey, been living in Czech Republic for 3 years.

What is your art/craft and where can we find it?
I'm making puppets and various kinds of jewelry. You can find them on my blog: www.madebyozlemakin.com or on my etsy page: ozlemakin.etsy.com

 What are the positives in buying handmade items?
Apart from being the only one wearing that particular item, also helping out a fellow artist is a great feeling. And as an artist myself, I think we should appreciate handmade even more than anyone else.

black cat brooch


fruit salad earrings
Where do you find inspiritation?
From the city, people, books, comics, movies, tv serials, internet.. everywhere and everything.


What motivates you to create?
Things that inspire me also motivate me to create.


What encouraging words/advice would you give to someone who is interested in sparking their creativity?
Don't give up, be open and be free. Other ways of living and other point of views are possible

2 comments:

  1. Nice! she is amazing! I love what she said about don't give up - being open and free :)

    See you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty things! Ozlem, I really like the reindeer girl in your Etsy shop.

    ReplyDelete