July 21, 2011

pretending

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

(Dress: Gordon Smith. Blazer: Topshop. Crop knit: Fremont. Shoes: Acne. Sunglasses: Came free with a six pack of Strongbow)

I am not normally one for clothing/accessories that convert. I don't like the idea that something can be worn a number of different ways - it means that the item in question is always pretending to be something it's not. (If you have been following fickle sense for a little while now, you may know that I give my clothes personalities and make up little stories about them in my head). But, I have been making some exceptions to this "rule of fraud" as I like to call it (obvs I just made that up then....). It started with the handbag/backpack, and now I love this crop knit. By day, its a jumper, by night... it's a scarf! Thats right, I wrap it around my neck and nobody knows the difference!

Kaye xx


7 comments:

  1. I'm pretty intrigued by the idea of convertible garments, but the real trick is making sure they look good in every form! Your shoes: AMAZING.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, that outfit is adorable! How smart! I think I would love to have convertible clothing. Maybe like some kind of jacket you could remove the lining from and turn inside out to use as a raincoat. Do those already exist? Well, you look so lovely and I adore your whole look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow we just discovered your blog and love how you are running your blog from two different ends of the world! thats amazing!

    Much love from the .sabo skirt. girls xoxo
    SHOP NOW: www.saboskirt.com
    BLOG: www.saboskirt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. love everything about this! been looking for a similar cropped jumper forever! and of corse, those boots!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I go back and forth as to whether or not I like those ACNE monster shoes. After seeing them on you, I'm on the "I like" side of the fence.


    ThequeenofHearts

    ReplyDelete
  6. theoretically I like things that can be worn in more ways, practically I get very clumsy before getting out the door and having to decide which way??!:)) love the cool carefree look!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love those shoes!
    www.thechicappetite.com

    ReplyDelete